Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Supplies!

I've got supplies!

I went to Williams Sonoma on Saturday and used the gift certificate my company's attorney gave us for Christmas. I got a mini muffin tin and some vanilla bean paste and some fancy honey.

Yes!

I got flour and butter and confectioner's sugar and chocolate chips!

I'm pretty excited about making a few different kinds of cupcakes. I'm a long time cupcake eater, first time cupcake maker. Well, first time from scratch. I make lots of cupcakes from mixes, and they're alright, but I know that I'm missing something not making the cake and frosting myself.

I also really like to make tiny sculptures and I could totally make tiny cupcake sculptures with fondant. How cool would that be? Totally.

I have some funky old bananas lying around the kitchen, being good for nothing but throwing into the woods, that might find their way into a batch of cupcakes with some bourbon frosting once I find a bourbon frosting recipe that doesn't have cream cheese in it and/or isn't a glaze. You try it. It's hard.

It's good to have a hobby, and with my hobby of late being bead embroidery my eyes are starting to cross and I'm poked all full of tiny holes from the sewing needle. So I'm going to have two hobbies: Cupcakes and Bead Embroidery. I capitalized those words because they are Important.

Onward and upward!

1 comment:

Cheeky Kitchen said...

Oh! Supplies! Isn't it grand to have your pantry full of baking things.

Good luck with your next few days of whipping and beating. Shall be a fine and sexy time, I'm sure!

(And..THANKS for stopping by my blog today! So nice to have you...especially as a follower!)